RING SIZE GUIDE
The right ring size is essential for the most memorable moment. The ring must be tight enough not to fall off, but it also has to be loose enough to slide over your knuckle. The time of the day and the weather affect the measurement. For instance, in the early morning or cold weather, the fingers are smaller, and when the weather is too hot, the fingers are bigger. The evening is the best time to measure your finger size while they are warm. If you hesitate between two sizes, always go with the larger one. If your knuckle is larger than the base of your finger, measure both your knuckle and the base of your finger and select a size between the two. It is always good to measure your finger a couple of times during the day. If the ring is a surprise, you can ask their friend or family members, or you can secretly borrow their ring and go down to a jeweller to learn the size. Please also remember that the right hand and left hand are different, so the finger sizes are different too.
Common Ring Sizes
We understand that it might be challenging to select the correct ring size online accurately, and especially if it is intended to be given as a surprise gift, you would have to guess the ring size.
If you are planning a surprise and you are not sure about the size of the ring, you can always order the average ring size and send it back to us for resizing within the first 60 days of receipt of your product.
The average ring size varies between L1/2-N for women and S-T1/2 for men.
Free Ring Sizer from GLAMIRA
Ring sizer is a tool to find out your ring size. We always encourage our customers to take advantage of this opportunity that we offer, considering that the sizer itself and the shipping is free and this is the most accurate way to find your ring size.
Printable Ring Sizer
If the occasion is just around the corner, you can also download the free ring sizer in PDF format, along with instructions. Download the free ring sizer in PDF format here.
If you are still not sure what size would be the best for you, you are more than welcome to contact our experts to discuss the matter further. Contact Us
Tips For Measuring Ring Size
- Temperature causes an inaccurate reading while measuring your ring size. Your fingers will be half a size smaller when your hand is too cold, while it will be half a size bigger when it is too hot. Measure your finger in average temperatures, preferably at the end of the day when your fingers are at their largest.
- The wider band a ring has, the tighter you will feel. So, if you wish to order a band approximately 6 mm wide or more, move up a size from the standard ring size worn. Also, the rings with large stones may cause the band to be raised when laid on its side. Remember that you should order the next size up since it slightly distorts the size.
- If your knuckle is larger than the base of your finger, measure both your knuckle and the base of your finger and select the size between the two.
- Your ring should be snug enough not to fall off and loose enough to slide over your knuckle. If you hesitate between two sizes, always go with the larger one.
- Repeat measurement 3 to 4 times to eliminate an erroneous result.
- Please avoid getting your item resized by a third party such as another jeweller or someone other than GLAMIRA as it will void your lifetime warranty.
- Please note that the resizing process may take up to 25 business days depending on the product and the resized ring will not be eligible for a refund.
Ring Size Chart
Below you can find the standard ring sizes along with the corresponding diameters and circumferences.